A well-prepared CV and motivation letter - one of the most important criteria for the job search. Six seconds. That’s how much time recruiters usually take to look at your CV.
As a result, it’s important to make CV as easy as possible for the reader to skim and identify your most important selling points.
Here's what you should do before you start looking for a job:
1. Email. Make a professional e-mail with correct name or surname for example.
2. Facebook. Make sure that your information on facebook are available only to friends, otherwise you always think about what you are posting and what kind of photo you are uploading.
3. LinkedIn. Upload a photo that reflects your competence and professionalism.
4. Correct grammar on CV. Check the grammar. The language of the text should be fluent, logical and professional.
5. Photo. Use the same photo like on LinkedIn. It should not be a selfie, but rather a professional photo.
6. Applying to several positions? Employers like candidates who know their career path. TBe specific and provide information about your competences for that actual position that you are applying to.
7. Contact information. Always carefully check your contact details, write e-mail address and check if your phone number is correct.
Good luck in finding your dream job!